If you take a look through the recipes on my website, it's no secret I love chocolate! I am could be considered a dark chocolate "chocoholic", and have a couple of squares of 85%, fair-trade, organic, antioxidant rich decadence daily. While looking at a pile of cookie recipes and trying to decide what to make an idea evolved for these macaroons. Yum! I have made them twice and they are delish...
Chocolate Brownie Macaroons - GF
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar of your choice (I used organic cane sugar)
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or chocolate chopped small
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg whites and salt till stiff peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla to the mixture, beating until shiny and stiff, but not dry.
- Gently mix in the almond meal, cocoa and chocolate (I do this with the mixer, slowing it down to stir). Alternately, you can fold these ingredients in.
- When mixed, drop batter from a teaspoon onto the parchment paper. I use a 1" scoop to make little balls.
- Bake these little lovelies at 350F for 10 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the cookies in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
This post has been shared at Allergy Free Wednesdays hosted by: Tessa@Tessa Domestic Diva, Michelle@The Willing Cook, Laura@ Laura’s Gluten Free Pantry, Amber@The Tasty Alternative, Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugaland Adrienne@Whole New Mom.