With sun-ripened tomatoes everywhere right now, I am eating tomato everything. This has got to be one of my favourite ways to enjoy tomatoes though! While in Italy a few years ago, I enjoyed this fresh salad daily.
Tomato Basil Bocconcini Salad
- 2-3 cups fresh tomatoes, cut bite size
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chiffonade
- 4-5 balls of bocconcini cheese
- 1-2 olives, sliced or not
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp good quality olive oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste
Chop all ingredients, add to a bowl, splash with balsamic vinegar & olive oil, season with salt & pepper, stir to combine and enjoy! Optionally, add some peppers, red onion and chicken to make it a meal.