Looking for an awesome banana bread recipe? Look no further, here it is! No grains, no added sweetener just fluffy great tasting banana bread. This one is a hit in our house. Originally from Civilized Caveman, I have altered this recipe to make it legal for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet as well as caveman or anyone who wants to eat gluten free!
Grain Free Paleo/SCD Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 4 Tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder (omit for SCD)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9x5 pan with parchment paper (amazing product) or grease pan well.
2. Mash bananas and combine with eggs, nut butter, butter or coconut butter and vanilla. Mix well.
3. In a smaller bowl stir together coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder (if using) and sea salt.
4. Add dry ingredient to wet, mixing well to combine.
5. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Check out my facebook page at: www.facebook.com/NourishWithKaren